home » About Us
Vicphysics Teachers' Network
The Vicphysics Teachers' Network is a group of Victorian teachers and academics. The purpose of the group is outlined below. Membership of the group is open to any person interested in physics education. To become a member see details below. The meetings of the Committee are open to any interested teacher. The Committee meets monthly after school on the second Tuesday of each month at 5.00pm until 7.00pm, currently at University High School, Parkville, Victoria. If you are interested in attending, please contact the group here.
The purpose of the Vicphysics Teachers' Network is to support physics education in Victoria by:
- being a voice for physics teachers,
- supporting the networking of physics teachers,
- organising professional development activities for physics teachers,
- maintaining this website of resources for teachers and students,
- organising events for physics students,
- providing advice to curriculum and examination bodies,
- distributing regularly an electronic newsletter to teachers,
- providing necessary physics equipment to disadvantaged schools, when the funds permit,
- researching student participation in physics as well as the physics teaching profession.
Description of the above dot points.
Vicphysics Teachers' Network Committee
- Frances Sidari, Lakeview Senior College (President)
- Jane Coyle, Albert Park College (Vice-President)
- Barbara McKinnon, Kew High School (Secretary)
- Dan O'Keeffe, formerly Camberwell Grammar School (Treasurer)
- Gary Bass, formerly Macleod College
- Bridget Blackburn, Ave Maria College
- Milorad Cerovac, King David School
- Gary Cohen, formerly Highvale Secondary College
- Paul Cuthbert, University High School
- Jonathon de Booy, Australian Synchrotron
- Kristian Grayson, University of Melbourne
- Colin Hopkins, Bialik College
- Deepa Jain, Kew High School
- Helen Lye, ACER
- Bronwyn Quint, Mullauna Secondary College
- Alan Reynolds, formerly Box Hill High School
- Terry Tan, Princes Hill High School
- Diane Wilkinson, Box Hill High School
The meetings are currently held at University of Melbourne, beginning at 5.00pm and finishing about 7.00pm and usually on the second Tuesday of the month. If you would like to attend, please contact Vicphysics.
PO Box 290, Flinders Lane, VICTORIA 8009, AUSTRALIA
ABN: 91 277 531 646
Membership is open to an person interested in physics education. There is no joining fee or membership fee. To become a member, please send your name, school or work location and email address to the Committee by email or post, see here for details or bring along the information to a Committee meeting. Members are able to contribute to the decision making of the group and receive meeting agendae.