VCE Physics Days at Luna Park
The VCE Physics Days at Luna Park are held on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of the first week in March each year.
The cost to students will be $24.95 each. To make a booking contact Luna Park by phone 9525 5033 or fax 9534 5764. Luna Park will invoice the school after the event once actual student numbers are known. An information sheet is also available.
One Extra Feature is a one hour Australian Synchrotron excursion before or after the Luna Park Physics Days. Sessions are available at 8:15am and 3:30pm on each day. Schools will need to make their own way between Clayton and St Kilda, but there are public transport options, if needed.
Groups booking the 3:30pm session can leave Luna Park at the normal time. The excursion will be of value to any physics student regardless of whether they will be doing the Synchrotron detailed study later in the year. The device itself is relevant to Electric Power, but seeing the diverse career opportunities that come from studying physics is the principal benefit.
If you wish to book this excursion, please contact Leanne Wallace at the Synchrotron, indicating date, session and likely student numbers.
- Information about what to bring, wet weather, etc as well as evaluation sheets.
- Background material on the physics of the rides, descriptions of the rides, pre-excursion activities, useful science equipment and a post excursion quiz.
- Datalogger information
- Worksheets . Note: Worksheets will not be available at Luna Park. Teachers should download them from this website, modify if they wish, select all or some and photocopy for their students.
- Videos of the rides that can be used an an introduction or for analysis.
- Aerobatic display. Information on the manoeuvres in the display.Note available in 2015.