Vicphysics Teachers' Network
The Vicphysics Teachers' Network is a group of Victorian teachers and academics. The purpose of the group is outlined below. Membership of the group is open to any person interested in physics education. To become a member see details below. The meetings of the Committee are open to any interested teacher. The Committee meets monthly after school on the third Thursday of each month at 5.00pm until 7.00pm, currently at Melbourne Girls' College, Richmond, Victoria. If you are interested in attending, please contact the group here.
The purpose of the Vicphysics Teachers' Network is to support physics education in Victoria by:
- being a voice for physics teachers,
- supporting the networking of physics teachers,
- organising professional development activities for physics teachers,
- maintaining this website of resources for teachers and students,
- organising events for physics students,
- providing advice to curriculum and examination bodies,
- distributing regularly an electronic newsletter to teachers,
- providing necessary physics equipment to disadvantaged schools, when the funds permit,
- researching student participation in physics as well as the physics teaching profession.
Vicphysics Teachers' Network Committee
- Frances Sidari, Lakeview Senior College (President)
- Jane Coyle, St Columba's College (Vice-President)
- Dan O'Keeffe, formerly Camberwell Grammar School (Secretary)
- Terry Tan, Our Lady of Sion College (Treasurer)
- Dan O'Keeffe, formerly Camberwell Grammar School (Coordinator)
PO Box 290, Flinders Lane, VICTORIA 8009, AUSTRALIA
ABN: 91 277 531 646
Membership is open to an person interested in physics education. There is no joining fee or membership fee. To become a member, you can either request a membership application form from the Secretary or attend a meeting and fill out a form at the meeting. Members are able to contribute to the decision making of the group and receive meeting agendae.