VicPhys/STAV Conference 2019
Friday 15th, February at La Trobe University, Bundoora with a Saturday program
Evaluations: If you did not hand in your evaluation slips on the day, you can still provide feedback trough the on-line survey. Your comments are appreciated by the presenters and are valuable to the conference organisers.
The Program included:
- An opening address on Precision cosmology with the next generation of telescopes by Dr Laura Wolz, University of Melbourne
- An pre lunch address by Andrew Hansen, the Chief Assessor, Responding to Short Answer questions on the 2018 Physics Exam
- Three sessions of workshops
- Extensive display of texts and equipment.
- A Saturday program of excursion tasters to the Synchrotron and VSSEC and a two hour medical physics in-service at Peter Mac.
The opening to the conference included a rolling powerpoint of events and activities for students and teachers organised by the Vicphysics Teachers' Network. The events and activities include:
- Girls in Physics Breakfasts
- Full Exam Report by Chief Assessor with Live Streaming
- The Physics Photo, Video Clip and Poster Competition contests
- Physics Days at Luna Park
- Support for New Teachers: In-Service and Mentor Scheme
Address: Responding to short answer questions, Chief Assessor, Andrew Hansen, Ringwood Secondary College
The slide presentation with the accompanying audio is available here. The first 12 mins is the Vicphysics rolling powerpoint and the introduction.
The Chief Assessor's Report on the 2018 VCE Physics Exam is available here.
Address: Precision cosmology with the next generation of telescopes, Dr Laura Wolz, University of Melbourne
The slide presentation with the accompanying audio is available here. The first 21 mins is the Vicphysics rolling powerpoint and the introductions.
Click here for the following workshops that were also offered in 2018:
- B3 and C3 Using Log-books and Rubrics to scaffold inquiry, Dino Cevolatti and Stuart Bird, Castlemaine Secondary School
- B11 and C11 Constructing DC Motors from the kit and Ideas on EPI Projects used, Gracie Saxena and Joshua Le, Manor Lakes P12 College (2019 version due soon.)
For B16 Climate Change - The Missing Science with Keith Burrows of Beyond Zero Emissions, click here, the powerpoint is on the home page.