VicPhys/STAV Conference 2020
Friday 14th, February at La Trobe University, Bundoora with a Saturday program
The Program includes:
- An opening address on Light and Shade: revolutionising medical imaging by exploring the wave nature of light by Dr Kaye Morgan, Monash University
- A Real World Physics Forum: Tequila and a microwave oven - how to grow a diamond and apply physics in the real world by Dr Alaistair Stacey, RMIT
- Four sessions of workshops including a review of the 2019 Physics Exam by Andrew Hansen, the Chief Assessor, which is one of fifteen repeated workshops.
- Extensive display of texts and equipment.
- A Saturday program of excursion tasters and a two hour medical physics in-service at Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre. You select one or more to attend. See details below.
Online registration is available at STAV.
9:00am Synchrotron Taster: 800 Blackburn Rd, Clayton. A 60 min presentation. See map below for directions. The following documents will be useful, particularly the safety rules in regard to footwear.
9:00am. Victorian Space Science Education Centre: 400 Pascoe Vale Rd, Strathmore. Ph 9379 3456. A 90 minute presentation.
11:30am Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre: 305 Grattan St, Melbourne. Please be in the foyer of the hospital 5-10 minutes before the starting time. Katherine Metzger will be meet you there and escort the group up to the seminar room. You can bring a camera if you wish. Note: You need to either have registered for this session as part of the conference registration, or to have booked through Vicphysics with subject: Peter Mac Booking.
There are excursion tasters to the Australian Synchrotron and the Victorian Space Science Education Centre. Check the program for details and times.