Victorian Physics Teachers’ Conference – 24th Feb
The Vicphysics Teachers’ Network will be presenting PHYSCON 2023 with the support of the Department of Physics and Astronomy of Swinburne University of Technology. PHYSCON 2023 will be at the Hawthorn campus in Burwood Rd on Friday, 24th February.
The conference will feature:
- live-streamed keynote addresses,
- 3 sessions of workshops, both in person and online,
- Access to a large range of exhibitors,
- Round table activities on course planning of Units 3 & 4 for 2024,
- Networking lunch,
- VCAA update by Maria James, Science Manager,
- Review of the 2022 Exam by Andre Hansen, the Chief Assessor
- Laboratory tours of cutting edge facilities and visits to virtual reality theatre,
- Saturday Excursion Tasters at the Australian Synchrotron and VSSEC and a Peter MacCallum Medical Physics In-Service.
Call for presenters
If you would like to present a workshop, please enter the details here. Presenters and one co-presenter will not have to pay the conference fee. Submissions are requested by Friday, 16th September, so that registrations can open at the beginning of Term 4.
This conference is being presented by Vicphysics Teachers’ Network and hosted by Swinburne University of Technology.