Revision and Exam Solutions
Check here for the Students' page with revision and exam advice, a checklist of common errors, a template for the A3 summary and topic summaries.
Problems for Revision
- Access Education: $82.50, email or disc.
- itute: Free download of trial exam and also solutions to sample paper, both as pdf documents.
- Kilbaha: $80 in Word format and pdf, as CD, email or download.
- Learning Materials by Lisachem: $99, hard copy and electronic formats.
- NEAP: $140, CD or PDF emailed.
- Physics Trail Test Team: The team that used to write the CSE and before that the IARTV exam papers are continuing to write trail papers under this name. CSE has decided not to continue with trial papers. Cost: $150 per school.
- QATs: $80 delivered by email.
- STAV: $8 per hard copy for exam $5 for solutions plus postage and handling. Discount for STAV school members.
- TSSM: $75, by email, by hardcopy, by CD-ROM.
Solutions to Exam Papers from 2013 onwards.
These suggested solutions have been prepared by members of the Vicphysics Teachers' Network to assist teachers and students when using these exam papers as a revision exercise. Every effort has been made to check the solutions for errors and typos. A suggested marking scheme is provided in italics.
When made available by VCAA, the average and maximum scores, and the average as a percentage will be included at the end of the each solution in square brackets. For the multiple choice questions for the Detailed Studies, the percentage choosing each answer and any comment on significant distracters will also be available in a table at the end of each Detailed Study.
Beneath the exam solutions are a set of extra revision questions based on the information provided in the exam questions.
Accessing the exam papers
The exam papers for the VCE exams held in November can be accessed here, along with the chief assessor's reports. The exam papers go back to 2002. Prior to 2013, there were two 90 minute exams, one on Unit 3 at the mid year and one on Unit 4 at the end of the year.
The exam papers and examination reports for the Northern Hemisphere (NH) timetable can be accessed here on the VCAA website. You need to move down the page to 'Assessment - Examinations' to find the exam papers, with Physics near the bottom of the list. They are also listed below for your convenience. Note: The 2017 NH paper is on the same course as the November 2016 Exam. Also the exam reports are different from the reports on the November exam.&nbsrp; These reports are solutions to each question, but without a marking scheme and no statistics on each question.