Vicphysics Teachers’ Network
The Vicphysics Teachers’ Network is a group of Victorian teachers and academics. The purpose of the group is outlined below. Membership of the group is open to any person interested in physics education. To become a member see details below. The meetings of the Committee are open to any interested teacher. The Committee meets monthly after school usually on the second Wednesday of each month at 5.30pm until 7.30pm, currently on line. If you are interested in attending, please contact the Secretary. The regular newsletter includes the date of the next meeting. To go on the mailing list, please contact the Secretary.
The purpose of the Vicphysics Teachers’ Network is to support physics education in Victoria by:
- being a voice for physics teachers,
- supporting the networking of physics teachers,
- organising professional development activities for physics teachers,
- maintaining this website of resources for teachers and students,
- organising events for physics students,
- providing advice to curriculum and examination bodies,
- distributing regularly an electronic newsletter to teachers,
- providing necessary physics equipment to disadvantaged schools, when the funds permit,
- researching student participation in physics as well as the physics teaching profession.
Description of the above dot points.
Vicphysics Teachers’ Network Committee
- Dr Barbara McKinnon, Kew High School (President)
- Sandor Kazi, Melbourne Girls’ College (Vice-President)
- Dan O’Keeffe OAM, formerly Camberwell Grammar School (Secretary)
- Deepa Jain, Kew High School (Treasurer)
- Alan Reynolds, formerly Box Hill High School
- Jane Coyle, St Columba’s College
- Rachael Gove, Albert Park College
- Terry Tan, Our Lady of Sion College
- Theo Hughes, Level 98, formerly Monash University
Dan O’Keeffe is the Coordinator of Vicphysics programs.
PO Box 290, Flinders Lane, VICTORIA 8009, AUSTRALIA
ABN: 91 277 531 646
Membership is open to an person interested in physics education. There is no joining fee or membership fee. To become a member, you can either download and complete the membership application form below and email it to the Secretary or attend a meeting and fill out a form at the meeting.
Note: Membership is confirmed once the applicant attends a meeting, either in person or by phone or Skype. Members are able to contribute to the decision making of the group and receive meeting agendae.