The VCE Physics Days at Luna Park are usually held on the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of the first or second week in March each year. In 2023 the dates will be Monday, 6th March and then Wednesday, 8th to Friday, 10th March.
The cost to students in 2022 was $29.50 each. To make a booking go to Luna Park. You need to scroll down the web page to access the booking form. Luna Park will invoice the school after the event once actual student numbers are known. An information sheet is also available.
There will be no aerobatic display in 2023.
- Information about what to bring, wet weather, etc as well as evaluation sheets.
- Background material on the physics of the rides, descriptions of the rides, pre-excursion activities, useful science equipment and a post excursion quiz.
- Datalogger information
- Worksheets. Note: Worksheets will not be available at Luna Park. Teachers should download them from this website, modify if they wish, select all or some and photocopy for their students.
- Videos of the rides that can be used as an introduction or for analysis.
- Aerobatic display. Information on the manoeuvres in the display. Usually on only one of the days and it depends on the availability of a member of the RAAF Roulettes.