The VCE Physics Days at Luna Park have been held the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of the first or second week in March each year. In 2024 the dates will be Monday, 4th March to Friday, 8th March.
The cost to students in 2024 will be $31.50 each. Bookings for 2024 will open towards the end of Term 4. In the past, Luna Park invoiced the school after the event once actual student numbers are known, they have now require a deposit of 30% to confirm the booking, which needs to be paid four weeks before the event.
An aerobatic display has been requested for 2024. Confirmation of if and when is not received until February.
- Information about what to bring, wet weather, etc as well as evaluation sheets.
- Background material on the physics of the rides, descriptions of the rides, pre-excursion activities, useful science equipment and a post excursion quiz.
- Datalogger information
- Worksheets. Note: Worksheets will not be available at Luna Park. Teachers should download them from this website, modify if they wish, select all or some and photocopy for their students. During Term 4 the terminology of the worksheets will be updated o reflect the current study design.
- Videos of the rides that can be used as an introduction or for analysis.
- Aerobatic display. Information on the manoeuvres in the display. Usually on only one of the days and it depends on the availability of a member of the RAAF Roulettes.