The Vicphysics Teachers’ Network is seeking a project officer.
The position is part time/casual with payments in the range $10,000 – $15,000 pa for an average time fraction of one day per week.
Overview of Responsibilities:
To support and enhance the activities of Vicphysics with a particular focus on event management and marketing as well as the administration of the activities.
The position will include work in some or all of the following areas:
- Event management. Support the secretary in the planning, running and evaluation of some or all of the events that Vicphysics organises including professional development ranging from the annual conference to smaller workshops and in-services as well as events for students such as the Victorian Young Physicists’ Tournament and the Girls in Physics Breakfasts program.
- Newsletter production. Improve the design of the Vicphysics newsletter to increase readership, monitor readership
- Website management. Upload files and update related webpages, monitor statistics
- Marketing: Enhance the profile of Vicphysics Teachers’ Network using social media
The specific focus of the work will be depend on the successful applicant’s expertise and preferences. There is also support to develop new skills.
Other functions and responsibilities
- Attend the monthly committee meetings and the AGM.
- Maintain a log of tasks and time spent.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Selection Criteria (Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required):
- Some training or experience in the areas associated with the main activities listed above.
- An interest in STEM and preferably Physics
- IT skills: Familiarity with some or all of the following: Excel, Mailchimp, WordPress and social media platforms.
- Some familiarity with or knowledge of schools and education in general.
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks
- Some experience in preparing written submissions and reports would be useful.
The successful applicant will need to work from home and may need access to a printer. There may be times in the year when work is more pressured, so some flexibility in the use of time over the year would be useful.
Other Relevant Information:
The successful candidate
- Must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa
- Will be subject to a probationary period of three (3) months.
- Some travel in Victoria may occasionally be required
- May require a Working With Children check.
The position description is indicative of the initial expectation of the role and is subject to changes to organisational goals and priorities, activities or focus of the job.
Applications are to be forwarded to the Vicphysics Secretary by Friday, 20th August, 2021.
To find out more about Vicphysics check here or the other pages on this website.