Professional Development Opportunities
Vicphysics acknowledges the support of the Department of Education Training, Victoria, through the Strategic Partnerships Program.
Forces and Motion
This Forces and motion intensive module is for Science teachers of Years 7 – 10. The Six two-hour workshops will be conducted online from 4:30pm to 6:30pm on Tuesdays from 20th Feb to 26th March. The presenters will be Bridget Blackburn and Barbara McKinnon. Click here for the flyer.
- Are you teaching Science in Years 7 to 10 and finding the physics challenging?
- Are you out of your field of expertise?
This Forces and motion intensive module steps you through the key concepts and skills required to successfully teach the relevant Year 7 – 10 curriculum content.
Why participate in this Forces and Motion program?
- Deepen your conceptual understanding of key force and motion ideas.
- Engage in key hands-on practical activities that you can directly deploy in your classroom.
- Unpack typical student misconceptions and learn best practice pedagogy for combatting them.
- Improve your ability to differentiate curriculum and assess student achievement.
- Access materials to support your classroom practice prepared by experienced teachers and science
education academics associated with the Vicphysics Teachers’ Network.
- Become part of a network of like-minded teachers that are striving to improve their practice
Cost: $265 per participant, with discounts available for teachers from schools with a low ICSEA rank.
To book enter details below.
Please note: The booking system does not work with Internet Explorer, so you will need to use another browser. A credit card is preferred, but the system can generate an invoice for payment by EFT if the school does not have a credit card and will not reimburse a personal credit card.
This event is organised by the Vicphysics Teachers’ Network and is supported by the Strategic Partnerships Program of the Department of Education and Training.
For other queries please email Vicphysics